MovingPhotos3D Release History
1.8.1 (download) MD5 checksum: 9427422ce1ad43a29d4b5e9b9e918ce8
- Built for Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and later. Does not work on Lion and earlier. Conversely, 1.8 will not work on Mountain Lion and later.
- Finally, developer signed to avoid warning message on install.
1.8 (download) MD5 checksum: 2bfa22e7ed59351b7a720c3b2673d9a8
- New curving wall shape!
- Cube and spiral now always appear rotated.
- Back off the zoom just a tad for large displays.
1.7 (download) MD5 checksum: 31407d8b801752247a082e4507d16e59
- New clock shape!
- Owners of the Mac App Store app are automatically licensed for the screen saver.
- Fix issue that caused users to get a message that the new version was actually older when they updated to 1.61.
1.61 (download) MD5 checksum: 20051a3cefae78866fcc2ccc6ab8ac6b
- Fixed bug that caused System Preferences to crash for 10.5 (and possibly 10.6 32 bit) users.
- Fixed bug that caused photos to sometimes end up oriented 90 degrees off.
1.6 (download) MD5 checksum: 6ffcde608dcbad72be9f7de01cc3a3b1
- Shapes now appear at all kinds of crazy angles.
- New dual checkerboard shape!
- New square tube shape!
- Reduce unattractive pixellation/shimmering when photos are small or viewed at an extreme angle.
- Finally fix the bug that caused the remains of previous shapes to hang about for a while before the screen saver cleared them off and went on to the next shape.
- Reduce upside down photos in rings shape.
- Change default text for photos form words shape.
- Internal changes to support a standalone app version of MovingPhotos3D.
1.52 (download) MD5 checksum: 5bb7ac5d34aef1e24a06c77faed6c426
- Fixed iPhoto Library compatibility for iLife 11.
1.51 (download) MD5 checksum: 50f259a038f6583af09443f84739e177
- 10.5 Leopard compatibility, FINALLY!
- Fixed crash on exiting demo mode for 10.6 32 bit and 10.5 users.
1.5 (download) MD5 checksum: fad8111e627c25b05f5ef7724feb5f15
- New rings shape!
- Fine tuned zooming behavior.
- Default to running a bit faster for new users.
- Replace images with new ones a bit less frequently.
- Cube and sphere now run at normal speed, not twice as slow as the other shapes.
- Added a brief hold after each shape is constructed, to allow time to appreciate it.
- Partially fixed the bugs that cause pieces of the previous shape to hang around after the next shape is constructed.
- Adjust sphere to prevent photos from crowding each other near the top and bottom.
- More internal changes to support iPhone version.
- Misc. internal improvements.
1.42 (download) MD5 checksum: 7de8fccda5ab17981cabeedcec54e9d9
- Internationalization, Spanish localization, Japanese localization.
- Fixed tendency to pan left, showing the action more in the right part of the screen.
- Fixed bugs that made the zoom-out for the large sphere and text shapes non-optimal for some screen sizes.
- Internal changes to support a possible future iPhone version.
1.41 (download) MD5 checksum: 99e664532da143b6049984eb7d39a69c
- Basic Aperture 3 library support.
- Internal rearrangements for code reuse with new screen savers.
- Fixed mistake in description of "Photos form words" shape.
- Default "Photos form words" shape text to "3D" for normal quantities of photos.
1.4 (download) MD5 checksum: 39bf618be486ce69618f9b323c3b3433
- Use iTunes Artwork button, available if you have your iTunes library in the regular place. This is an experimental feature; let me know how it goes. Hopefully it will work reliably. Note that all iTunes artwork is included, not only music album covers. For example, iPhone app icons show up too. I don't currently know how to avoid including everything.
- Use iPhoto Library button, available if you have your iPhoto library in the regular place.
- New shape: your photos can now form letters and words! You can enter whatever text you want in the Adjust tab. Use commas to separate multiple possibilities.
- Users can now drag the license download link directly to the box on the Options page; no need to download the license file.
- Rearranged options tabs to simplify things a bit for new users.
- Made it less likely that a user sees nothing happen for an extended period after starting the screen saver.
- Fixed bug that distorted the aspect ratio of background images.
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused the scene not to rotate when multiple displays were used, or in the preview in system preferences.
- Fixed bug that caused periodic delays where none were desired.
- Some small internal improvements.
1.3 (download) MD5 checksum: 37c7710e0a6ab95b24d6f18a45f04396
- New large enclosing sphere with cool zoom out!
- The cube is back.
- Improved transitions from some shapes to others.
- The sphere has more photos than before; more like the other shapes.
- The sphere can no longer immediately follow itself.
- Minor adjustments to the curving surface and scattered photos: they cover slightly more space, and photos are now the normal size.
- Switched to "trilinear filtering", for possibly improved image quality on some graphics cards.
- Improved labels on two of the sliders on the Options page.
- More graceful behavior if the user were to manage to un-check all the shapes in the options.
- License agreement now available in Options page.
- Miscellaneous internal improvements.
1.2 (download) MD5 checksum: baca3dad4dc6bb698058c8758424dc73
- New spiral shape!
- User can choose what shapes are used, in a new Shapes tab in the options page.
- Now possible to move many photos at once. As before, the max number of photos that can move at one time is controlled with the Few At Once ... Many slider in the options. This max at once value will change for 1.1 users when they upgrade, but they can approximate the old behavior by setting it to the 2nd notch.
- Demo mode waits 5 seconds longer before dark screen & message.
- The cube shape is gone (if enough people miss it, I might be persuaded to bring it back; let me know).
- Building roofs no longer shoot up and drop down.
- Sphere now sometimes builds from top to bottom, rather than in random order. It always does this when following the spiral, because it looks cool.
- New users get slower movement, but more photos move at once.
- Speed is more consistent between shapes than before.
- Outside holding area is farther away.
- Changes to options page: added tool tip for background image button, changed Choose Folder... to Choose Photo Folder....
- Smaller file size by shrinking and compressing the default dinosaur image that's contained within.
- Internal changes to make it easier to add new shapes in the future.
- A couple small internal fixes and adjustments.
- Bigger file size after correcting outrageous oversight of compiling only for 64 bit, which must have prevented people with older Macs from using the screen saver.
1.1 (download) MD5 checksum: a2fe2e1c372e7d2c5c1e2037b936e14c
- License keys and demo mode.
- Default photo folder to /Library/Desktop Pictures.
- Default to moving slightly faster.
- Bug fixes, including for memory leaks and crashes in alpha version.
- Some code cleanup.
- Convert to 10.6 Snow Leopard only.
- New sphere shape!
- Remove some code to move images through paths that was needed before Snow Leopard.
- Fixed bug that caused default dinosaur image to sometimes appear amongst the user's photos.
- Images are now pulled from the source folder in truly random order.
- Initial release, for 10.5 Leopard only.
MovingPhotos3D main page